One in four children has a vision problem that affects learning — a vision problem that is often misinterpreted as disinterest, sleepiness, dyslexia or ADHD. Eyesight (the ability to receive input through the eye) is not the same as vision (the ability to understand what that input is). Recognizing this distinction has monumental implications. Even a child with 20/20 eyesight can have a vision issue at the core of their learning problem.
To complicate matters, vision-related learning problems share the same symptoms as countless learning disability diagnoses, including:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Rereading or skipping lines of print
- Letter reversals
- Difficulty recognizing words
- Short attention span
- Poor reading comprehension
- Poor handwriting
- Slow completion of work
- Loss of interest in reading
But thanks to RightEye’s Reading Assessment test, our doctors are able to expose vision and brain health in ways not possible from standard eye tests, gifting you with the opportunity to change your child’s life forever.
Schedule your child’s reading vision assessment today.
Click here to Schedule Now Online
Schedule by Phone: 513-931-4300
Are you or your child struggling with distraction or impulsiveness?
Are you looking for treatment options without medications for ADHD, ADD, Dyslexia, Autism or other Learning Disorders?
At Apex Chiropractic & Wellness Center you will find many resources to help you/your child perform at your/their best.
Primitive reflexes are part of normal infant development, but should be integrated by the first year. Often we see retained primitive reflexes in adults and children after trauma, or in cases of ADHD, Autism, Sensory Processing Disorder and similar disorders. When these are retained they can impact social, academic and behavioral learning.
|The person struggling with ADHD may be experiencing:
• Struggling with school/work every day.
• Frustration at home/school/work.
• If grades are not where they should be – you know you/your child is smart but you aren’t seeing the expected results.
• Behavior may be hard to control including for kids hitting, kicking, biting, touching inappropriately, hyperactive; for adults always moving (knee shaking, toe tapper, pencil twirling), binge eating or drinking, procrastination.
• You or your child’s self-esteem may be falling, and or struggling with relationships.
• You or your child is easily distracted or can’t focus.
• You or your child may have many allergies.
|Apex Chiropractic Can Help build a program tailored to you or your child’s needs.
Results You Can Expect:
How do I get an evaluation?
Call 513-931-4300 to schedule an appointment. We will email you some initial paperwork that you can complete before your appointment.
Not sure if this program is right for you or your child? Schedule a 15 minute phone consult here to learn if this is the right fit.
What should we expect on our first visit?
Your first visit generally takes about 45 minutes, but may be split into two 30-minute appointments to accommodate the patient’s abilities. Your first visit(s) will include:
- detailed review of the history
- a postural exam to check for imbalances in posture, muscles and joints
- a chiropractic exam
- sensory evaluation
You will then be scheduled for a follow-up appointment to review the results of the exam and discuss treatments options.
Interested in learning more about ADD and ADHD? We’d like to share these informative articles with you:
ADD / ADHD Misdiagnosis and Mistreatment
What is Sensory Processing Disorder?